The Clarendon Hills Historical Society has an exciting year ahead. After successful fundraising efforts, we are proceeding with items on our Heritage Hall renovations wish list!
The following is our schedule of events. We hope to see you there. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer for our board or any of our events through-out the year, we would love to hear from you.—Diane Hiller, President (630) 915-5009-DianeHiller@yahoo.com.
- January 16- The board voted to approve drawings and request for proposals for a deck, french doors and masonry work at Heritage Hall.
- February 6, 7 pm- CHHS Board Meeting- Library.
- March 6, 7 pm-CHHS Board Meeting – Library
- March 12, 7 pm- Our next program “Steel Rails” is at Village Hall, 1 No. Prospect. Rick Pickren will perform songs related to the history of the railroad.
- April 3, 7 pm-CHHS Board Meeting- Library
- April 15, Illinois Humanities Council Grant application due.
- May 1, 7 pm-CHHS Board Meeting – Library
- May 8, 9:30 am-4 pm CHHS Annual Bronswood Plant Sale 3805 Madison Street, Hinsdale. CHHS will receive 20% of all sales that day.
- June 5, 7 pm-CHHS Board Meeting -Library
- June 14, Daisy Days Open House at Heritage Hall.
- September 4, 7 pm-”1961-Clarendon Hills Plane Crash Tragedy” will be the topic for our September program. Witnesses will form a panel along with newspaper and other accounts of the tragic plane crash.
- October 3, 5 pm-7 pm, Oktoberfest at Heritage Hall – featuring music and historical displays. Hot dogs, beer and root beer will be served.
- November 6, 7 pm-CHHS Board Meeting-Library
- December 5, 6 pm-8 pm, Christmas Walk – The Historical Society will host cookies and memorabilia at the Village Hall.